Cocoa Bourbon Balls
From the Kitchen of Linda’s Mom
Ingredients
1C finely crushed vanilla wafers (30 to 36)
1C confectioner’s sugar
1C chopped pecans
2 T cocoa
2 T light corn syrup
¼ C bourbon, rum or brandy
Directions
Additional granulated sugar, chopped pecans or cocoa.
Stir together crumbs, 10X sugar, pecans & cocoa.
Add syrup & bourbon. Mix well.
With wet hands, shape into 1” balls.
Roll in granulated sugar, chopped pecans or cocoa.
Makes about 3 dozen.
My mom made these cookies for over 50 years, and they have always been a family favorite. My uncle, her brother, especially liked them, and she made a batch just for him every year. They have both since passed on to their rewards, but I smile whenever I make these cookies, thinking of the two of them.
ReplyDeleteOne year I took the bourbon balls and the recipe to a cookie exchange party, and they won every prize that was offered. The next year, another participant brought them as her entry--they are that good! I hope everyone enjoys them.
What a wonderful story, Linda! That's great you carry on the tradition of making and sharing them!
Delete