1. Why
did you decide to join the Maryland Promotions Team? There is so much energy from the members of this team! I enjoy being able to connect with them online and hook up with them at the craft fairs we sponsor. I also buy my items from these sellers before I look elsewhere.
2. How did you become a team leader of the Maryland Promotions Team?
I guess I was on Facebook too much, and Melissa thought, now there's a sucker! I don't know, I guess Melissa thought it would be a good idea! You know she's not all together there all the time!
3. What kinds of items will we find in your shop?
In my shop, you will find handmade home décor items such as table runners, placemats, wall hangings, and baby quilts. I piece my own items and quilt them on a long arm quilting machine.
4. What makes your shop unique?All my table runners and placemats are finished like a quilt, not turned inside out like others you might find. My baby quilts have batting in the middle to make them more comfy!
5. What inspires you?
Making custom orders for customers inspires me the most. I like the challenge to see if I can actually create the item, and more inspired that the item was appreciated by the customer.
6. How long have you been crafting and how did you get started?
I’ve been quilting for about 13 years now. I took a few quilting classes, joined some quilting circles, and then decided to ask a local tea shop to sell my items. When the tea shop closed in November of 2011, I opened my shop on Etsy
7. Describe your creative process.
The creative process for me starts with the fabric that I see in quilt shops. I look at beautiful fabric and imagine what I can create from it. Unusual or challenging patterns also inspire my creative process.
8. What has been your biggest accomplishment?
Last year, the local county library asked me to complete a memory quilt using tee shirts from their summer reading program. We were able to collect 25 tee shirts from 1990 to 2011 from local library media specialists, and the quilt is now hanging in the Towson Branch of the Baltimore County Public Library. towson.patch.com/search?keywords=quilt
9. What has been your biggest challenge?
My biggest challenge is pleasing customers with custom orders. A fellow Etsian saw my work and requested a custom order of 3 appliance covers. She sent me all the measurements and she was very pleased with them.
www.etsy.com/transaction/83689853
www.etsy.com/transaction/86627686
www.etsy.com/transaction/88484087
10. Do you have any specials going on in your shop right now?
Not much going on in my shop right now, just trying to make 200 boas for a local retail store, and get ready for 3 craft shows!
11. What advice would you give to other Etsy sellers?
Be patient. Sales don't always come quickly. Be confident in your product, stand behind your work, and they will come.
12. Where can readers find you?
www.etsy.com/shop/isewmuchtime
"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -Professor Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Book 2-Chamber of Secrets J.K. Rowling


No comments:
Post a Comment