Meet the owner of Primitive Art Dolls!
1. Why did you decide to join the Maryland Promotions Team?I was invited to join the team, I believe mostly because I could contribute some diversity to the group. After all, how many people in this region make primitive dolls.
2. How did you begin crafting? Crafting, for as long as I can remember has been something that I love to do. I studied Graphic Arts in school, went into the printing industry, and have always enjoyed anything to do with decorating, gardening, ceramics, sewing, needlepoint and even cake decorating (which is the least of my favorites, as I hate being in the kitchen).
3. What kinds of items will we find in your shop?
My shop offers handmade dolls that are primitive or folk art in nature, some, really are not that primitive, even though, those are my favorite ones to make. I try to offer a little of every style, to meet every ones likes. I do custom orders, changing a doll in its size, fabric, accessories, just about any thing one may see their doll as being, I try to accommodate.
![]() |
| "Color fascinates me, regardless where you find it." |
The thing that inspires me the most is probably nature. I love bringing the outdoors indoors. Using the natural elements to work into anything I am making.
5. What has been your biggest accomplishment on Etsy?
My biggest accomplishment on Etsy is having people contact me requesting a custom order, one that is made special for that person.
6. What has been your biggest challenge?
My biggest challenge is probably overcoming the feeling that I could never be accepted for the items I love to make, because there are just so many talented artists, that it is a huge playing field and hard to compete in it.
7. Do you have a special story you would like to share about any of your products?I think every doll I make, even if it is one I have made numerous times, always, seems to have a personality of its own. Each one seems to bring different memories, and sparks aspirations for a different doll.
8. What advice would you give to other Etsians?
My advice to any Etsians, is never, give up, never feel like it is not worth it. Everyone is given a talent for a reason. Once I stopped worrying about, whether, I could ever be as good as the rest I started enjoying my work much more and I could see major improvements, when I realized I need not be like everyone else. I am me and I need to express my art as I see it and feel it. Once that line has been crossed, the real joy of your talent is felt.
9. Where can readers find you?
I can be found either on Etsy, or my very own website, Primitive Art Dolls that my wonderful son built from scratch all by himself. He designed it and maintains it. I even have a blog, that my beautiful daughter built for me. I am not much of a blogger, but I am working on improving that.


No comments:
Post a Comment