- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.4CgvX6jV.dpuf The Maryland Promotions TeamArtisans, Vintage and Edibles on Etsy: The Crafty Sugarsnip

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Crafty Sugarsnip

Meet Mary, owner of The Crafty Sugarsnip and The Crafty Sugarsnip Bows!


1.  Why did you decide to join the Maryland Promotions Team?
I joined the Maryland Promotions Team because I thought it was a great way to know some of the amazing local crafters and to be part of a crafting and sales community.

2. How did you begin crafting? 
I actually only started crafting a little over a year ago. I started staying home with my kids about two years ago and in a desperate search of things to do to keep them entertained we did LOTS of crafts. There, sitting with my two toddlers, I realized I was having as much fun as they were and soon I was crafting long after they'd gone to bed.

3. What kinds of items will we find in your shops? 
I have two shops. The Crafty Sugarsnip is a wreath shop with grand ambitions to sell other handmade custom home decor in the (near?) future. The Crafty Sugarsnip Bows is girls hair accessories because I've been blessed with a wonderful girly daughter (and I unfortunately have zero skill at doing hair but can thankfully always work a hair clip or headband!).

4. What inspires you? 
My wreaths are really inspired by the colors, textures, and style of each season. My bows are inspired by my daughter who even helps design them with me (which is probably why she considers it her shop that I just take care of for her until she can read).

5. What has been your biggest accomplishment on Etsy? 
I feel very proud of my repeat customers. I think it really shows the quality of my work and how happy my customers are with their wreaths and/or bows.

6. What has been your biggest challenge? 
One word. Shipping.

7. Do you have a special story you would like to share about any of your products? 
I really make products that I would like to have in my own home. They are each lovingly crafted and custom made. And, like myself, I assume people want something that they can use for more than one season. Therefore a lot of my items have holiday or season embellishments that can be switched out each season.

8. What advice would you give to other Etsians? 
Make sure to price things well. Don't attempt to be the cheapest because then people may just think you are not offering quality items AND you won't make a profit. I constantly struggle with shipping and, starting off, practically paid people to buy my wreaths because I did such a bad job calculating costs. So take the time to account for material costs, don't sell yourself short on production time cost, and figure out shipping costs.

9. Where can readers find you?
I can be Found & Followed at: 
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCraftySugarsnip 
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySugarsnipBows 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sugarsnipscom 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Craftysugarsnip 
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/sugarsnips/ 
Blog: www.sugarsnips.com
Email: sugarsnip@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment