The recipe below is how I make my mom's chicken curry. You can change the amount of
chicken or use dark meat instead. You can also adjust the amount of spices to
suit your taste. I like it medium spicy.
Ingredients:
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
1 onion, chopped
Canola oil (enough to fill the bottom of the pan)
1/4 cup curry powder
4 teaspoons garam masala
1 clove garlic, minced
2 wiri wiri peppers (or whichever hot peppers your prefer)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tomato, diced
Sprinkle of ground cumin
Salt to taste (a little goes a long way)
Water - enough to cover the chicken
| Yum! |
Directions:
1. Fry the chicken with salt and onions. Add oil if you are using white meat.
2. Add curry powder, garam masala, garlic, and tomato paste. Let it fry until dry.
3. Add enough water to cover the chicken.
4. Cover pan. Let it simmer on low.
5. Add tomato.
6. Sprinkle with ground cumin.
7. Serve with white rice or Indian bread.
8. Devour!
| Mom-inspired chicken curry with white rice and wild rice. |
This looks so good! I love spicy chicken on rice, I am going to give this recipe to my sister to make for me. She just loves to cook and I don't go far beyond bag in a skillet and desserts. So don't forget, if you don't cook yourself.. Give the yummy recipes to your favorite loved one to make for you!:)
ReplyDelete