- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.4CgvX6jV.dpuf The Maryland Promotions TeamArtisans, Vintage and Edibles on Etsy: Melissa's Jerk Chicken and Rice ...

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Melissa's Jerk Chicken and Rice ...

Simple, spicy and delicious, this is always a huge hit at potluck!

Ingredients:

Sauce:

6 Tbs of McCormick Jerk Seasoning
6 Tbs of Vegetable Oil
4 Tbs of Soy Sauce
2 Tbs of Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup of Water

What else you'll need:

3 Boneless / Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into cubes
2 Cups white Rice
1 Bag of Frozen Broccoli


Mix the sauce ingredients in a crockpot set to high, put the lid on and go cut your chicken into bite sized cubes.   Put the chicken into the sauce and allow to cook until the chicken is well done, stirring occasionally. If your crockpot gets too hot, turn it down and continue cooking, you don't want the sauce to cook off.

In the meantime, cook your rice according the package directions.  DO NOT overcook.

When the chicken is done,  make sure your crockpot is on low, add the rice and the broccoli and cook for about another 30 minutes.

Serve hot right from the crockpot!  YUM! 

This dish is VERY spicy.

You can also marinade your chicken parts in this sauce and grill it.  I altered this considerably from a marinade recipe that I found someplace else for grilled chicken, so it wouldn't be exactly the same, but I'm sure it would be good.


 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this! I'm so glad you shared it as much as you talk about it! :-)

    ReplyDelete